Friday, September 15, 2006

Much Needed Explanation

Okay, so there appear to still be some people that aren’t completely aware of why I have decided to write this blog. Am I trying to become famous? No… Do I think that my life is so darn interesting that people will be just dying to hear about it? No way… Am I trying to hurt old friends? Absolutely not! I mentioned how that, when I was waiting for the train over in Amsterdam at Centraal Station, I’ve recently been going through a lot of experiences where I absolutely believed that I had read about the same experience before. I can never seem to remember where or when I read this, but it always feels the same – this experience was definitely not unique to me. I then decided that this may have been my subconscious telling me that I needed to write about these experiences. Yes, I realize that I had just eaten a gram of Mexicana shrooms and that very well may have had an impact on my decision making process; however, once I decide to do something, I usually do it.

So I got a little carried away when I decided to write a little about myself in an effort to give you, the reader, some insight into exactly who I was. I was hoping to maybe put the stories that I was writing into a better perspective for the reader. I got a little more detailed than I was expecting (that’s just the way my mind works) and inadvertently opened up a few can of worms that I should have let lie. I’m sorry. It was not my intention to cause any of my readers grief. Heck, that would do no more than lower the number of readers that are actually reading my stories – and why would I want to waste my time typing these stories up if nobody’s going to even read them?

Having said that, I need to clarify one more point. I mentioned this in my comment to the comment I received on my last posting but want to mention it again just so that all are aware. I take much pride in my unabashed honesty. I am, good or bad, honest to a fault. (Is that a cliché? If not, it should be…) Should I “change the names to protect the innocent?” Perhaps … although I refuse to. My feelings on this matter are that changing the names changes the story – or at least the honesty of the story. I have not used anybody’s last name in these accounts and that I have done on purpose (well except, of course, for Mr. Barry … but I don’t think he’ll mind…). Nobody can be exclusively identified… It just wouldn’t feel right if I were to mention people that have had an influence in my life by other names. For me, at least, the validity of the story would be gone…

I’m actually wondering what others may think about this. If you have an opinion that you think I should be aware of, please leave a comment. I will say this, however – anonymous comments are not going to pull a lot of weight.

I apologize to anybody that came here hoping to read something interesting. It’s just that I have actually gotten into a bit of trouble over this blog already and am hoping to avoid any more issues in the future. Not to worry, though. I should get back to writing stories that I feel are interesting again soon. I’m actually taking four trips in the next five weeks to Amsterdam, Athens, Paris and a return trip to Amsterdam again. The stories could be interesting (and I promise to include more pictures…).

bis später,

Coriolis

6 comments:

  1. Well, I have found your stories very interesting, although I did find myself cringing(sp?) a couple of times at the post that had been posted then removed. I must say I find your honesty very interesting to read, but I can not imagine being that honest, outloud and with who knows who. Some things I just don't want people to know i've done and I hope to take that information to my grave with me! I do think you are very good at putting your thoughts out there, you said in one post that you are not a writer, I disagree with you and agree with Jeneine you are very good at your story telling.
    I hope your week was better than the last one.
    Until next post,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think that now brings the number of people actually reading this stuff up to a whole half dozen!

    As for a post that I removed – I have no idea what you are talking about. I never removed any of my posts. (Let’s just leave that discussion there, ok…?)

    As for my week, thanks for asking… Yeah, this week was a bit better than last week. I’m kinda getting sick of doing the mundane crap here (you know – laundry, shopping, etc. – the standard stuff one needs to do…) and am really starting to miss my house and car. Although I will survive. Next weekend is Amsterdam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome! I'm sorry did I say removed post? I MEANT the redlight post?!?
    Have a good weekend,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I can't quite understand what sort of trouble you could have gotten into over your blog. The way I see it: a random person, like me, would never be able to identify the people you talk about, even if I met them by chance. Even if, say, Conny were my neighbor I wouldn't be able to link her to the story you told. And if she and I were friends and she told me a story about you and if that made me realize who she is, it's not like you said anything terrible about her. Does what I just wrote make sense? Sometimes things make sense in your head.
    Anyway, if the reader is someone who knows you and the person you're talking about in the story, then they would already know. So what harm can it do?
    I just wanted you to know: I'm still reading! I've slowed down a bit but not because your stories are boring but because I've been busy Netflix binging on Dr. Who and Star Trek: TOS and I found a site with complete episodes of Ancient Aliens LOL
    I feel like I'm really getting to know you and I like it :-)
    Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Monica! I'm still a bit shocked that you found these old stories ... although that should be a warning to all on what the post on these "inter-webs" ... this stuff does stay around...

    I'm glad you find my silly little writings entertaining. As I said before, a bit surprised, but glad none the less.

    As for my neck of the woods, things have been a bit tough lately; but that's poker... I wouldn't recommend it as a lifestyle choice. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it stays there if you don't delete it (sort of)
    And, truly, they're not silly...they are the human experience and I'm enjoying it, thoroughly...the good, the bad, the ugly (okay maybe not ugly but the seemingly unattractive to some)
    So, you're really living the dream, huh? that's great! I wish everyone could have the opportunity to live their dream, even if just for a little while; just to know what it feels like
    as long as you don't literally lose your shirt or some mafioso breaks your thumbs, it can't be all bad ;) haha

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog