Monday, February 18, 2008

Game On

The Colorado Avalanche will be traveling down to “the pond” Wednesday to play a game against the Anaheim Mighty Ducks. The cool part about this is that I will be there. When I got into work this morning (late, mind you … I do believe that whatever ailment I’ve been suffering through the last few weeks is on its last legs – I just need to get my strength back…) one of my fellow workmates informed me that he had an extra ticket and was nice enough to let me in on the festivities. So I guess I’ll be going to a hockey game Wednesday evening – that’s cool…

Now granted, a huge sports fan I am not; however I must admit that I actually do enjoy heading out to a hockey game now and then. I always try to hit one of the Colorado/Detroit games during the playoffs – the rivalry seems to add to the audience’s excitement level – although it’s beginning to look like the Avs may not even make it to the playoffs this year. Besides, I’m basically living in California now and getting back to Denver for a hockey game ain’t gonna be happening. So I get to watch Colorado take on Anaheim at “the pond” instead – as I’ve said, that’s cool…

Funny thing is, I don’t even know the name of the guy that invited me. Now I “should” most definitely know his name – hell, I’ve been working here since last October – but names and I never have really gotten along. It amazes me at how quickly I can forget somebody’s name – I think the span needs to be measured in nanoseconds (picoseconds if the planets aren’t in the correct alignment…). See, that’s what smoking all that weed’s done to my brain. Any kids out there reading this, take that as a warning – sure, it’s fun and everything, but memory is often a nice thing to have … if I remember correctly…

Anyway, if you happen to be catching the game on television, keep an eye out for me in the stands. I’ll be the one wearing the Avalanche cap…

bis später,

Coriolis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog