Wednesday, May 07, 2008

It's All Good

Well, in case anybody was wondering, I am still alive. I do realize that it’s been quite a while since I posted anything on my blog; and I apologize to anyone that might have been expecting some interesting reading. Of course, my writing again may not be of any solace – I’ve never guaranteed any intrigue … I will, however, continue to write about life a bit – basically mine…

As the title for this post suggests, my life is going pretty darn well as of late. It’s funny how – usually when you least expect it – life has a way of surprising you. A lot of times these surprises take the form of a negative – money woes, problems with your automobile, the loss of something or someone special, your standard bad days… We deal with these downturns and continue to trudge through life with the hope that something better is on its way. There are, however, the rare occasions where life hits you straight in the face with an unexpected BINGO! This is when the time spent getting through the downturns pays off – it makes the pain vanish and reminds us why we’re alive. The latter of the two aforementioned scenarios has happened to me recently and I must admit that I’m feeling pretty good…

A couple weeks ago I headed back to my home in Colorado. I decided that driving the Pussy Wagon around southern California was something that I needed to stop. Heck, I own a couple other cars that were left in Colorado when I headed out here and one – Precious, my ’02 Trans Am Firehawk – seemed like an ideal car for cruising southern California in. I decided that I would fly back home, participate in the Denver Poker Tour semi-finals (I didn’t make the finals), get a crown (dental work, that is) and drive back to Cali in Precious with my buddy Todd. And, since I didn’t make the finals at the DPT, we could spend a couple days in Vegas on the way back. It was a good plan…

The part that I didn’t plan was meeting my soul mate. It’s a complicated story and I really can’t get into the details for reasons that I can’t explain right now; however I will say that I have met someone – here in California – that has pretty much reminded me what life is all about. The interesting (well, to me anyway…) part about it is what I have learned in such a short period of time. Granted these lessons are pretty much self-evident; but in all my years of being by myself, I’ve forgotten them. Not so much “forgotten” as lost faith in their existence. Please bear with me for a bit whilst I pontificate on some ideals that I beg you, the reader, to never lose faith in – no matter how hard the current day society attempts to eradicate them…

First and foremost is the fact that there is always somebody out there in the void that will appreciate you for who you are. I mean, that pretty much goes without saying when you consider the number of people that exist on this planet; however the point I want to make here is that there is never a valid reason to pretend to be somebody you aren’t in order to win somebody else’s affection. And I do realize that many people constantly play the game of wearing a façade in public with the intention of getting the one thing that they’ve fooled themselves into believing they desire most – sex; however you must be careful if you start playing this game. Play it too much and you risk becoming what you are portraying. You risk losing your desire for actual happiness to the far more materialistic desire of the sexual act. You risk losing your humanity… The whole attempt at becoming what the media is portraying as desirable leads many to abandon their true selves. This, my friends, is not only unnecessary but, in my opinion, very dangerous.

Another thing that I have recently discovered … realized … remembered … is that even the mundane tasks that life is filled with become so much more enjoyable when they are shared with the right person. Even when we can’t be together, I find that I am much more willing to complete these trivial tasks quickly and efficiently in an effort to gain more time that can be shared when we are together. The interesting side effect of wanting to make time has actually turned me into a much more productive person. Who’d of figured…?

I apologize if I’m sounding preachy or arrogant with this posting – after all, who am I to tell others how they should behave? All I know is that my life has been broadsided by a completely unexpected greatness that I am positive I would have dodged had I seen it coming. As some of you already know, I had just begun to play “the game” and even went as far as studying the playbook (I’m now on David DeAngelo’s mailing list…); however I must admit that it is a relief to discover that playing the game is, at best, unnecessary… When all is said and done, the people playing the game are usually not even who they appear to be … how are you expected to have an honest relationship with a façade…?

bis später,

Coriolis

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it. All of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glen that is all wonderful. I am so happy for you! It is good that Cali isn't sucking for you as much :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog