Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm Somebody!

Woo-hoo! I’m a somebody!

My office phone – the one that’s been sitting on my desk since I started working here last October – is fully functional. And by that, I mean that it will now ring when the number is dialed as well as take a message if I am not here to answer it. This may not seem like a big thing to pretty much anybody; but I see it as a step in some direction – perhaps the right direction…?

You see, when I started working here, I attempted to configure the voice mail on this phone. The main reason was to hopefully get the message waiting indicator to stop flashing. I figured that the messages most likely weren’t for me and, in the off chance that somebody was to call my phone and leave a message, resetting the indicator would be a good thing. I was, however, completely unable to access the phone’s voicemail features even with the handy NEAXMail AD-8 USER GUIDE and company provided Voice Mail Instruction printout as references. I could get to the company directory (which, of course, I was not included in) but never could figure out how to reach my extension’s voice mail.

Turns out that something was screwed up in the phone network and my extension (2831 – as clearly displayed on the business cards I received) wasn’t accessible at all. I could make outgoing calls from this phone, but there was no known method for getting this phone to receive incoming calls. This, of course, pretty much made my business cards useless… Oh well, what did I care? If anyone needed to contact me, they could always call my cell number. I even suggested that my cell number be used for my business cards however, when I received the cards, the inoperable number was on them.

Today, however, things are looking up! The phone is now completely functional on my extension – 2830. My business cards are still useless due to the old, incorrect number but the problem with the state-of-the-art phone networking system has been solved and I am also now even included in the company directory. As I said, I’m now a somebody… I suppose I could just hand-edit the cards and change all the 1’s to 0’s but that’s kind of tacky. Something tells me that a new set of business cards are already in the works – I didn’t request any but it wouldn’t surprise me too much if they just suddenly showed up – when it’s something I really could care less about, it usually works out … it’s those damn relevant issues that seem to give me trouble…

What? You’re still reading this nonsense? I figured that nobody would make it past paragraph 2…

bis später,

Coriolis

5 comments:

  1. im good enough, im smart enough and doggonit people like me

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I read your stuff, all the way through. May not understand it, but I read it...lol. And what's wrong with tacky?
    Peace,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the daily affirmation, anonymous. Todd, perhaps…?

    And I thank you for your patronage, Mr. Books! It’s actually amazing that anybody’s still reading these things – in my opinion, the quality of the postings here has declined to a point where they almost look like someone else has been writing them. I was reading through some of my much earlier postings a few nights ago and am now wondering what happened to my vigor for writing. Perhaps the European lifestyle just had a way of inspiring me that is now lost upon returning home (well, homeward at least…).

    It’s funny though as I am now getting quite a few hits from Google. I guess it takes some time to actually have your site easily “findable” by the search engines (and I’m still pretty much an unknown on Yahoo!...). Unfortunately, the audience that I once had seems to have – by large enough part – given up on me and the new hits are almost always bounces. HOWEVER, you, Mr. Books, are still reading which means that I will continue writing. I can’t guarantee that anything interesting will be created, but I suppose anything’s possible… Maybe I should head back to Europe…?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay... Not sure what language that blog is written in, but blog on my man...

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog